Friday, December 14, 2012

What are you doing this weekend?


You guys, I am not going to lie: I have been a ball of stress this week, and I am exceptionally glad it's Friday. That week before the week before Christmas is always hard, isn't it? I mean, next week I'll have met my deadlines, I'll have a couple of holiday parties to look forward to, and on Friday night I'll be heading home to see my parents and brother for the long weekend (especially delightful now because the Great Christmas Travel Nightmare of 2012 is over—don't ask). But for now, I'm just really glad it's the weekend.

Speaking of, what are you guys up to for the next few days? I'm heading north to spend some time with ACS in his natural habitat, so that will be fun, and I'm making a pit stop at my parents', too.

And if you're in the mood for some reading this weekend, here are three fun links:

36 hours in Sarasota. Decent picks (C'est La Vie: yes! Some others: so-so); reminds me, too, that one day I need to publish my little city guide for this blog... (The New York Times)

Anne Hathaway's Excited Red Carpet Face: Pretty amusing. (Vulture)

I love Louis C.K., and I thought his Proust questionnaire was funny. ("You hips need to get it together.") (Vanity Fair)

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. See you Monday. xoxo

Update: I wrote this post last night, before I heard the terrible news about what happened in Connecticut this morning. I feel like a jerk for complaining about being stressed out when it could be so, so, so much worse. Hug your loved ones a little tighter this weekend. I know I will. 

Photo: Oscar and me. Did you know that petting cats relieves stress? That's a fun fact I learned this week thanks to this gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment